Goldfinch Chick Perched on Live Edge Log
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)
"What's not to love about the Goldfinch?! Beautiful bright yellow Canary-like songbirds that flock to our gardens with complex songs, and love munching on seeds. These colourful little birds add a touch of grace and sunshine to your home interior or office, and are a perfect pick-me-up gift to show you care! Please note the tone and shade of yellow glass may vary.
I created your Goldfinch entirely from glass - no paints, glazes or moulds. The shape is designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured crushed glass are built up on the clear shape before firing the bird is in a kiln over many hours. I initial each bird on his reverse. The bird comes with his own detachable log perch that has been sanded on the underside for stability. Simply slot the birds legs into the holes in the top side of the wood.
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or molds)
- Glass bird ornament complete with live edge log perch
- Artisan Studio-Glass made in Nova Scotia
- Size Approximately 2.5-3" for chick sized
- The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work.
- The direction the bird is facing will vary randomly
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front."
The Glass Bakery
About the Artist:
"The Glass Bakery Ltd. was established in Nova Scotia in 2010.
These unique studio-glass ornaments and decor have evolved from passion and excitement for the magic of wildlife and the relaxing and rejuvenating breath of nature. Beyond all, my designs were inspired by a life-shaping Belgian Shepherd who was the catalyst for not only the creation of The Glass Bakery, but in particular, for handcrafting of glass bird ornaments!
Following his loss, Nature's Therapy led to creating small glass bird ornaments. It's my hope that these birds will make other people smile too."