Chickadee Pocket Hanging Ornament
BLACK CAPPED CHICKADEE (POECILE ATRICAPILLA)
The Chickadee - a familiar, friend. In the wildest of winter, and on the windiest days, these little guys stick around, steadfast through even Atlantic Canada's long winters! A perfect addition for your Hygge interior decor!
Your hanging Chickadee ornament is created entirely from glass and threaded with clear monofilament. The shape is designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured crushed glass are built up on the clear shape before firing the bird is in a kiln over many hours.
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or moulds)
- Hanging Chickadee sun-catcher/tree or window ornament.
- Artisan Studio-Glass made in Nova Scotia
- Most Birds ship within a few business days
- Size Approximately 1" for pocket
- The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work.
- The direction the bird is facing will vary randomly
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front."
The Glass Bakery
About the Artist:
"The Glass Bakery Ltd. was established in Nova Scotia in 2010.
These unique studio-glass ornaments and decor have evolved from passion and excitement for the magic of wildlife and the relaxing and rejuvenating breath of nature. Beyond all, my designs were inspired by a life-shaping Belgian Shepherd who was the catalyst for not only the creation of The Glass Bakery, but in particular, for handcrafting of glass bird ornaments!
Following his loss, Nature's Therapy led to creating small glass bird ornaments. It's my hope that these birds will make other people smile too."