Cardinal Hanging Glass Ornament
"Complete the Cardinal family! The female Cardinal is unusual in the songbird world in that she "sings" like the males! The glass is neutral amber-brown with a touch of red.
Your female plumage Cardinal is handcrafted entirely from glass - no paints, glazes or moulds. The shape was designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured crushed glass built up on the clear shape before firing her in a kiln over many hours. I initial each bird on her reverse.
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia from glass (no paints, glazes or molds)
- Artisan Studio-Glass made in Nova Scotia
- Size Approximately 3.5 " for adult, 2.5" for chick
- The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work.
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front."
The Glass Bakery